Tips on Attending Online Churchadmin
- Wake early as you would do with a regular service. Pray and be emotionally and psychologically ready for worship.
- Keep your house in order. Your mobile device or notebook will just service as a screen. God’s presence is in your house. Because your home is now the temple it should look like one. Sweep it, clean it and prepare it for God’s worship.
- Take your bath and dress up. Attending church at home doesn’t mean that you should attend it naked or half naked. You can make your personal prayers naked, but online church is fellowship with others. Put reasonable clothes on. We often still wake up early with our kids and dress them all for church. They don’t have to show in a video but dressing them up conditions them to know they are attending a church service.
- Get rid of the distractions. You need to stay away from things that distract you during this time. Your TV should be turned off unless you are viewing the service from there. You can be worshipping and focusing on entertainment. Try to not cook and attend church at the same time because you are worshipping from home. If nursing a child, this could be challenging, but the more you can focus and prepare ahead the better your experience and results can be.
- Stay focused. You are probably going to be distracted by many other activities taking place in your phone. It’s easy to get carried away as notifications keep coming. You choose what matters most to you. For me, I have already disabled notifications on my phone. I check them when I am ready for them. Ignore the calls. They would interrupt your experience. Unless you deem them as emergencies, keep them to call back later. Most online services are not short and quick. You are likely to get back to the calls as soon as possible.
- Ensure all your family members are part of the experience. Some friends or neighbors might want to join you. Don’t exceed the maximum number of twenty people in your home. Maintain social distancing. Wash your hands and use hand sanitizers. The lockdown would let friends come to you but neighbors that have no data to connect to online services might want to join you.
- Be a bit tech savvy. It’s not that hard to boost the sound you get from your device. Listening is more important than watching. So pick up an AV cable with a tiny jack and plug into your mobile phone. Plug the other end into your home theater so the sound could be audible. If connecting via Zoom conference you would need to mute your mic (if attending with others) or use a headset. While the stream is on, you can also invite your online friends.
- The URL to IHNBC live streams IHNBC TV is https://facebook.com/ihnbctv/live. Among the tabs, hit on live or posts, refresh to see the recent live streams. You can type in your responses. If using Zoom, we shall send you the meeting ID. Please feel free to contact us using Whatsapp or Messenger. This guide shall be updated to answer other questions that you might have.